“This is the second year we had Gregg present to our senior level audience. Our participants were fully engaged in this interactive presentation. Gregg ‘connected the dots’ and allowed opportunities for participants to integrate the knowledge into their already extensive experience. Gregg is an engaging and dynamic speaker and worked well with our planning committee to ensure his material was tailored to our audience. I highly recommend him.”
—Director People Development, Professional Engineers Ontario
Change Ready Leadership: Lead Change with Impact
Many organizations are faced with the reality of having to produce more at a faster pace, with increased complexity and uncertainty. The process of change can bring stress to even the strongest organizations. To get people on board with proposed changes, it requires skillful leaders to guide staff through the transitions of change, to move them from their current position to the desired future end state.
Leading Change with Impact will assist leaders to anticipate reactions to change that individuals encounter when dealing with organizational change, including their own, and how to respond appropriately to address concerns employees may have. This workshop examines how we adapt to change that isn’t our idea, change that is imposed upon us or change that may have a negative impact on us or change that seems just “too much”. Participants will leave with practical strategies to lead people through change and to support their team’s ability to adapt to change –and just as importantly get ‘unstuck’.
By the end of the workshop participants will be able to:
- Discuss ways to overcome challenges to leading change initiatives
- Identify how teams respond to disruptive change and the leadership strategies to keep the team agile.
- Identify the various roles in the change process
- Explore change strategies to optimize engagement and build commitment.
- Recognize different reactions to change, including their own, and how to respond appropriately to lead people efficiently through change
- Examine a set of 7 change muscles that can be strengthened to increase agility.
To engage participants and stimulate learning, these workshops are highly interactive and are designed to stimulate the transfer of learning back to the workplace. The workshops encompass reflective practice, a small amount of lecture, and guided large and small group discussions. Participants are asked to work on ‘real world’ issues and develop action plans. I work with you to tailor these workshops with language and examples to suit your organization.
Spark Your Leadership: Making the Shift to a Manager Role
Make your leadership come alive. Expand your capacity as a manager. The research shows managers and leaders who have a medium to high level of talent for managing others contribute about 48% higher profit to their companies than average managers! [source] (This is also true for government when tied to productivity.)
Most individuals are promoted to a leadership role because of their ability to be a good manager, yet most of us haven’t had any information on how to do that well! Making the change to a manager role requires a different mindset, skills sets and practices. How do we do it effectively and efficiently?
At this interactive keynote, leaders learn how to harness their energy, maintain their integrity as individuals and become an even better leader than they already are.
At this this keynote you will:*
- Identify what makes you an effective leader
- Examine leadership accountabilities of the three pillars of leadership
- Identify challenges faced by new managers such as: trying to maintain the same relationships you had before you were a manager, preparing your team to be unprepared
- Develop ways to shift your and your team’s mindset to keep teams engaged and productive
- Explore methods to balance relationships, take a strategic perspective, drive results, and engage your teams during change.
- Determine specific actions you can take to help you shift effectively to the manager role.
*This workshop is tailored to suit your organization.
Being Resilient: Mastering Change and Building Your Change Muscles
More is going to be asked of all of us next year in our work – and our personal lives. How do we increase our capability to handle all these changes, minimize our stress and increase our effectiveness? Resilience is that ability to remain productive, especially during times of change and uncertainty.
We are all good at handling change we agree with – but not so much change we may disagree with!
This workshop examines how to effectively and proactively adapt to change that isn’t our idea, change that is imposed upon us or change that may have a negative impact on us in the workplace or change that seems just “too much”.
This workshop will give participants insights, and strategies along with interactive team building. By the end of the workshop participants will be able to:
- Set the context of change and where resilience fits
- Discover a set of 7 ‘change muscles’ to increase your change agility.
- Examine their own resilience characteristics and their areas of strengths and areas of growth
- Uncover strategies for gaining and maintaining resilience
- Complete an interactive activity to gain insights into your own change strategies
- Leave with an action plan to enhance you and your teams’ resilience
To engage participants and stimulate learning, this course encompasses reflective practice, guided large and small group discussions, and a main small group activity with large group debrief. An online pre-session assessment is also available.
Strategic Thinking: Leadership Tools for Planning, Problem-Solving, and Decision-Making
Dynamic, innovative organizations need leaders at all levels who can think critically, anticipate issues, solve problems, make good decisions, and take appropriate actions, while still keeping the long-term vision and organizational goals in mind. Strategic Thinking™ must become part of daily practice to achieve success.
Strategic Thinking is a flexible, ongoing process for achieving results in a rapidly changing business environment. Strategic Thinking integrates critical thinking, systems thinking, and creative thinking to help you become a more future-focused leader.
As a participant, you will:
- Examine aspects of strategic thinking you currently use and those you under-use.
- Define strategic, systems, creative, and critical thinking
- Identify current issues which require strategic thinking
- Ask questions that stimulate strategic thinking in yourself and others
- Develop approaches to help stakeholders think and act strategically
- Identify other tools which you can learn and apply in the future
- Apply a model and strategic thinking tools to a current issue for you or your team.
Used with Permission ©2015 Barnes & Conti Associates, Inc. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Exercising Influence: Building Relationships and Getting Results
Effective influence skills enable you and your organization to build the relationships necessary to get positive results with colleagues, customers, suppliers and others, regardless of your positional power. It enables you to move your ideas into action by stimulating others to support, allow, provide resources for, or participate actively in your initiatives.
Our accelerated learning program will help you develop strength, focus, and flexibility as an influencer, especially when you don’t have authority. Exercising Influence™ provides you with valuable insights into your strengths and areas for growth through an on-line influence behavior survey, engaging experiential exercises, peer and instructor feedback, and post-program support tools.
As a participant, you will:
- Assess your current use of influence behaviors, identify areas for growth and develop additional skills.
- Practice behavioral influence skills and receive feedback in order to develop effective behaviors.
- Define clear and powerful influence goals.
- Apply a contextual framework to analyze the “big picture” and cultural complexities of your real world influence challenges.
- Plan and practice approaches for successfully influencing up, down, across and outside of your organization.
Used with Permission ©2015 Barnes & Conti Associates, Inc. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED